The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored on your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR regulations. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe to any email newsletter programme the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process, or whereby you, the consumer, have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company, a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Purchasing, collecting, controlling and processing data
- This website requires the visitor to opt-in to receive future information from us
- We will specify the method of communication to the user via the opt-in process
- We do not pass the information on to third-party companies
- A record is held regarding how consent is acquired
- All purchased data is acquired from an accredited or professionally recognised compliant data owner/broker.
- The processing of data for marketing purposes is compliant to the latest GDPR/PECR regulations
- All data is held within a cloud-based encrypted location. This includes a compliant CRM and/or Email Marketing system. No data is held on local drives or individual computers
- We delete any irrelevant or excessive personal data that is surplus to requirements for marketing purposes
- All ‘prospect’ data we hold, is only used for marketing purposes
- We have simple procedures in place to deal with inaccuracies and complaints should they arise
- When using data to market by email and post, the information provided includes our contact details
- For a fee, we can provide information on where or how we obtained an individual’s piece of data
- A copy of our latest privacy notice is available on our website and can be presented on request
- This website requires the visitor to opt-in to receive future information from us
Legitimate interest – the use of data for marketing communications
We hold, process or use data for marketing purposes, and only where we believe the recipient has a legitimate interest in the products and services we provide.
Our role as data processors for marketing purposes
- All data supplied to us will be used on professional third-party cloud/internet-based marketing platforms for the sole use of marketing to our opted-in database
- Clients may sometimes request a copy of the database we hold for them. This will be supplied through a secure transmission process
- If we believe the data we hold has become surplus to requirements, out of date, or ineffective, that data will be deleted from our systems
- Data that is used for the process of email marketing will be used on a platform that allows recipients to unsubscribe and protect their right to be forgotten.
- Other than processing data for marketing purposes, we do not hold any personal data within social media channels.
The company operates an email newsletter programme, used to inform subscribers/customers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through a prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and GDPR regulations. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the subsequent EU GDPR regulations introduced in May 2018. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies/people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998/GDPR, you may request a copy of personal information held about you through this website’s email newsletter programme. A fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based on their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the latest GDPR regulations, subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will be detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/banner/image links to other websites.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, who may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate in are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking. Therefore, this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
GDPR Regulations and Guidance
Edited & customised by: SDMA Martial Arts on behalf of Ultimate Ninja UK